I have come to the realization that pregnancy has changed me...you say...well of course it has- your gut is bulging and heaven's knows what is happening to your backside!!
To be honest... that isn't my realization. These are...
1) I have become more funny (or maybe it's just that I am being more honest). In saying that, it just seems like people are laughing more at what I say. I take that as "I really am being more funny, and not that they are laughing out of sheer embarrassment for my brutal honesty...or just plain inappropriate words". One of the two. Blake thinks I should go do stand up with Clay...that's a little far fetched- honestly. Either way, the world is a happier place with honesty.
2) I have been given an immense gift of olfactory senses...it has been borderline ridiculous. Smells are killing me. In dealing with realization #1 (brutal honesty), I do feel bad that Blake has been getting the brunt of realization #2 (can't stand bad breath and stinky toots). As I have publicly called him out on that, I apologize- just know that I love him DEARLY- even when I have to evacuate the house for minutes at a time. He is a man, for heaven's sake.
3) I have become more of a procrastinator than ever. I can't seem to get my motivation on track. All I think about is LOST, American Idol, and my desire to cease having dreams about bloodshed- in the most violent of ways. School has been kicking my butt and it is all up hill from here. Just yesterday I had a paper to write- finished it at 5:30pm when I had to be to class at 6. I can't focus on writing a blog entry or even starting book club books. I am ridiculous.
4) The other day in the car I (lovingly) commented (shouted) at a driver who almost ran my car over...then as I'm sitting there just fuming I realized #1- my baby just heard every last word I said #2- my baby doesn't understand words yet, so I'm off the hook #3- my baby understands sound and tone of voice- I am no longer in the clear- I have just let myself and my baby down. I know we don't become perfect parents over night... but that was just plain ugly behavior. I wanted to cry, but then also realized #5.
5) I have become LESS emotional since being pregnant. Is that a medical miracle or something?
6) I always had a really bad memory- but now I have (what I call, and evidentally others too) pregnancy brain. "Pregnancy brain is a condition that affects expectant mothers, usually during the first and third trimesters. Sometimes known as placenta brain or baby brain drain, the condition is usually characterized by short-term memory loss or forgetfulness. Some medical experts say that pregnancy brain is a myth, but evidence shows that many women have experienced this condition". (www.wisegeek.com) I trust this geek. My vocabulary has digressed and I forget the simplest of things. I am still ridiculous.
Have you made any realizations about me that I am looking over?