Thursday, April 17, 2008

Rolly polly baby...

So I am officially half way through pregnancy!! Holy crap- time flies...and yet I feel like I've been pregnant FOREVER!! I know everyone says to just love these times and relish the quiet while I still can...but I am just getting so excited!!

The coolest thing (to date) besides seeing our little girl on ultrasound was on Monday night when she did a nice swift kick right in my bladder- it wasn't just a gentle stretch, it was a "mom...are you feeling this...I know you didn't know it was me moving, but this is what it feels like!!" I felt her from the outside and luckily Blake was sitting right next to me so he got to feel her first movements too! It was so tender.

I know being pregnant is hard (for me) from the nausea, to the heartburn, to waking up at least once (if not twice) in the night to pee, then having to pee at least 10 times during my work day, then having a sore back and can't get comfortable when sitting for long periods of time... but I'm just grateful I haven't thrown up (knock on wood), had any weird medical issues, or gotten cankles (yet).

Pregnancy truly is a miracle. It amazes me everyday that millions of women go through this each year- and this is the Lord's plan. Amazing.

7 comments:

sarah said...

yay for baby kicks!! (until she decides to use your ribs as punching bag... that wasn't fun...) it's a magical moment.

diana said...

that first kick felt by daddy is such a sweet moment, isn't it?

my baby is much more active than ava was and is so strong too! my stomach moves all over the place all the time, it's so strange.

i'm so happy you get to experience those personal and unique moments that come with pregnancy, what a miracle, huh?

Alisse Baldwin said...

Yay for miracle babies/pregnancy! I know I've said it before, but we are SO SO excited for you! Everytime we're shopping, I ask Scott if I can buy Baby Kimball something, and he has to drag me out of the baby section at every store! :o)

Alisse Baldwin said...

Hey- I have to show you a cute little picture of a baby GIRL wearing brown cons. What's your email?

MaMaMaMandy said...

Alisse- you can email me at mandykimball44@gmail.com

jaime said...

hey now.

wow. half way through. i'm sad i've missed almost the whole thing...

but ya. for kicking!! i love feeling my babies kick. sometimes i wish parker was still in my womb...(that sounded creepy. i just meant life was easier when he was in there.)

kayleen said...

i'm so excited for you.

i miss being able to feel the baby move so much. that's definitely the only good think about pregnancy.