Thursday, April 3, 2008

And we're having....

A girl!!!



I know, surprising! I think it's so crazy that we will be having a girl first! When we first starting trying to start a family years ago I wanted a boy first (as I had an oldest brother) and Blake wanted a girl first (as he had a oldest sister). We just wanted what we were familiar with! When we actually found out we were pregnant I think we switched roles wanting the other gender. I am SO not a girly girl, so I was kind of surprised at my excitement for a girl first. I just felt like I was having a girl. Plus my little 4-yr old neice Camille, who was lovingly saying prayers for me to get pregnant, called the shots- she said I was having a girl. I do believe we don't give kids credit for their own closeness to the spirit sometimes. I just have to question this because she also said I was going to have 5 girls, but only one would be coming out of my tummy this time!!! Oh my gosh. Heaven help me!!! FIVE??? Really??? I don't remember signing up for 5!!! I was really thinking I'd max out at 3 or 4 kids- let alone ONLY GIRLS!! I really hope she said that as she really only knows girls since she has a sister and a girl cousin.



We all know I'm a pretty emotional girl- yes, I cry watching pretty much every movie I see... yes, "Bambi" is included in that. I can find just about anything to cry about. Luckily I have a husband who can (lovingly) make fun of me when I cry in movies that are ridiculous and shouldn't be cried over. Luckily, being pregnant hasn't had a more adverse affect on my emotions...I'm less emotional, with most things. Now I just get mad, instead of crying... luckily that goes away pretty quickly.



PS- now that we know we are having a girl I told Blake we would actually start discussing baby names and picking out nursery colors and such. Pink- will NOT be a main color in my nursery... just in case any of you feel like getting crafty or whatnot. I know I didn't have to tell you that since most of you know me better than that...I just wanted to get that out there early on.



Just for the record...the baby is doing great (the doctor pointed out)! All healthy, 10 fingers, 10 toes. We just are so grateful for this beautiful blessing in our lives...I can't begin to say that enough! We just know what a divine child this one is...truly a miracle!



Oh- the ultrasound pics weren't very good this time, but they did get a video of the baby with hiccups...about 5 minutes later she passed them on to me...that was pretty weird to experience!

10 comments:

Cori Carpenter said...

I am so excited for you both! A girl was totally unexpected! We both thought for sure you would have a household full of boys! So let us know what colors you're thinking about! Also names, names, names!!
P.S. When I was pregnant with Indi, we always had the hiccups at the same time!! It started to drive me nuts...like an uncontrollable twitch inside!

Susan said...

Congratulations! Girls are so much fun, even for those of us who aren't very girly ourselves. You looked great when I saw you at Little Ceaser's the other day - I'm so glad you're feeling better!

jaime said...

finally a girl for grandma to spoil.

i am so excited. so so so excited.

diana said...

hooray for girls! i seriously am so excited! i think that girls are so much easier to dress and find clothes for... they have the cutest stuff out there!

Alisse Baldwin said...

YAY!!!!

I seriously have been telling everyone I see lately that my cute neighbor and friend is FINALLY having a baby, and now I have been telling everyone it's a GIRL! I'm living vicariously thru you & Blake, I guess. I'm just SO SO happy for you, Mandy!

kayleen said...

why did you leave out what you guys are naming her?

i think kayleen reed kimball is a beautiful name. good choice, guys.

onehm said...

CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting!! (And I love the name!! *wink, wink*)

Jill said...

Mandy! I am so excited for you and Blake...a little girl will be so much fun! After infertility I'm sure you would have been happy with anything...looking forward to September!

Alisha and Josh said...

Congrats Mandi and Blake! A girl is the best to start with- you will love it! And you get to spoil them a ton- wait til you get all the clothes (girls are so much more fun to buy for :)) So happy for you!

Melissa Davis said...

Hey Mandy, its melissa davis, formally melissa lozano. Congrats! I always knew you would be the best mom ever. I'm so happy for you and Blake. Little girls are the best! Have you guys thought of any names yet? Well take god care! Check out our blog at greggmelissalaila.blogspot.com