Monday, June 2, 2008

May... recapped...



Disclaimer: this will be a lengthy post (however, there will be pictures to accompany the writing so I'll try to make it brief)

Well, I know you all think I'm THE most unreliable blogger...but to be honest... I'm doing the best I can....to say the least...

So, where have I been, you ask? Well, the month of May has been a busy one...

-I'm down to only having 6 classes left in school before I start student teaching (hale-frickin-leuia)...

-At work I finished mentoring a group of new trainees...

-Did exactly what the President wanted and used our Economic Stimulous check to boost the economy by (finally) buying a phasing camera- Nikon D60 LOVE IT!! We are so selfless...haha

-We started a registry (#54058881) at Babies R' Us for our little girl on the way...yes, I said we started (we only got through the basics before I was too tired and back-achy to continue (more will be added soon)...

-Got together with friends to play games and to bbq (Blake is becoming quite the bbq-er)...always a good time...

-I threw my back out on Mother's Day (a lovely gift for myself)...

...And had an amazing/tiring/sick-filled vacation...

So the whole Kimball family took a cruise from May 17th-24th (courtesy of Blake's parents for Christmas 2007) to the Caribbean on the largest cruise ship in the world to date... Here's what we did...

We loved cruising...






Our nephew Parker seemed to be getting phased too...




Went to family disco (Blake loved watching his short arms bob on the dance floor camera)...



We played miniature golf...

We wrestled (WWF style) in the boxing ring...




Played around in the rolly polly kiddie chairs on deck...





We watched some pretty descent cruise shows (isn't this curtain just beautiful!)...



Our first port we stopped off on Royal Caribbean's private spot in Labadee, Haiti...



and got harrassed by the locals in the market to buy random wood carvings, imported clothes and random whohaws and whatnots... I have a hard time with this because I HATE bargaining, plus many of those things I would never actually put in my house (I would rather just give them the money to not bug me while I look)



We watched a pretty neat ice skating show (yes, on the ship there was an ice skating rink)...



We splashed around in the H2O Zone (especially Blake and Jax) ...











Our second port we went to Montego Bay, Jamaica and took a tour of the bird sanctuary...





We learned how to make the best (virgin) pina coladas (and how to enjoy them too!)...








We were educated on the many uses of bananas...

Enjoyed the lush green vegitation and beautiful flowers...





And how to properly climb a tree for coconuts... don't try this at home!!

And after our long day in Jamaica, came back onboard the ship to enjoy some FANTASTIC onion rings and a KILLER chocolate malt from Johnny Rockets (not to mention a cheesy dance by the crew)...



We watched some lovely sunsets over the ocean...


Our third port we stopped in Grand Cayman to enjoy the beach and warm crystal clear blue water...


(yes I debated whether or not to put a swim suit picture of me where I could be easily mistaken for a whale- but alas, such is life...



We even enjoyed the formal night on the ship with spectacular food...

Our last port we stopped in Cozumel, Mexico and were greeted by a very aggressive luchador and a silver street performer with a sword (I know how much Sarah would have enjoyed that)...

We watched a man fishing with straight fishing line...




and found some interesting looking somethings in this big pit by the sea...

We even relaxed on these perfectly inclined (and beautifully painted) walls...

We were awe-inspired by the ginormity of these two cruise ships...


We had some world class servers amongst us (shout out to Andy and Jeremy)...






Witnessed some amazing moonlit nights...




And were greeted every...


single...

night...




by...





a new...

towel animal character.


This was an amazing trip to say the least. I am always impressed by cruising...but am always really excited to home too... by Thursday night I had started coughing and by Saturday when we left I felt pretty lousy. This picture sums up the last day of the cruise (I know, this is another picture I debated- however it made me laugh every time I looked at it, so I figured it might do the same for my readers- or it may scare them away (one of the two- let's hope for the first option...haha)

Our trip didn't end by coming home on Saturday though...Blake and I ended up traveling up to Savannah Georgia to Blake's old missionary stomping grounds. Another post will follow about that little jaunt.

Overall- I am proud to say that normally the average cruiser gains 1 lb a day- I got home and was happy to find out that even when I craved french fries and fruit, I only gained 2 lbs the ENTIRE vacation.... LATER!! Pretty good for being prego!! I also got a nice tan and some freckles to add to my pasty body- I'll take it though.













7 comments:

Alisse Baldwin said...

Did you take your Nikon on the trip... as in, were these pictures taken with it? They look great! I totally went off from the norm and spent my stimulus check on my camera, too! Your trip looks awesome. And is August here yet?! I can't wait to see her!!

Jill said...

I'm lovin all these wonderful cruise pictures...I am now dying to go on another fun cruise! You are looking like such a cute little pregnant woman! Keep posting pics of your cute belly!

tracyjax said...

your cruise looked so fun...did you use your new camera to take those pics? they looked really good! your belly is super cute!

{Quellie} said...

I am so glad that you got to take such a fun vacation! You deserve it!! Quinn and I are going on a cruise for our 10th next May...our ports are:Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Roatan. I am so excited! It sounds like you hit some of these spots...we'll have to hook up and you can tell me what's fun and what's not! We love the land excursions as much as the fun ships! Glad you're home safe and hope you're feeling better! ~Kell

[FLOUR] said...

i got a 1/4 of the way through this post, then came back and got half way through, then came back and got only half way through again, then came back and finally just gave up.

the pics are lookin' super fantastic, though. (fyi. i'm saying super in front of everything now. it's sort of my new thing.)

Marci McLain said...

That looks like a ton of fun! I am super jealous! Someday we will go on a cruise! You are so cute and that picture did make me laugh! Jared will be talking to you about your camera. He is looking at one! YOu are not the only ones selfish with your money! :)

Mimi said...

How fun! I love cruising! That towel monkey is hilarious, never saw one like that before.

I'm way jealous, hope you had a blast!