Wednesday, December 17, 2008

This past week's happenings...

This past week was chock full of good stuff...

Monday...

Jovie rolled from her tummy to her back in 5 seconds for the first time...no prompting either! I think she really likes looking at the Christmas tree! This was her after-roll look!
Tuesday...
Started feeling the funk in my throat...ahhhh, give me orange juice and Airborne. Oh- and since my Christmas tree decided that the top half didn't want to upstage the bottom half of the tree (since it does get the star), it decided to quite working...Oh yeah, I'll show you...you pesky fuse. Gotcha. Ta Dahhhh!



Wednesday...

Jovie had her first all out laugh...didn't catch much of it on video, but daddy can get her all grinny- it's so cute.



Thursday...

I got a new console table so that we have somewhere to put our stockings...one of the major drawbacks to this house is no fireplace (not too uncommon however, in AZ). Blake thinks it's just a "useless piece of furnature" and "another place for me to dump my crap" (don't take that literally- "crap" meaning the mail, receipts, books, etc.). But once I got it all set up I think you can cross off "a useless piece of furnature" off his list. Oh, you know I'm gonna dump my crap here once Christmas is over. Crap- say sionara to the counter.

Friday...

Jovie finally discovered how to pull the plastic dog bone in her bumbly chair (that play's the song "Oh where has my little dog gone?...). I am so proud of her...she has just changed SO much all in the last week!


Saturday...

Our 3rd annual White Elephant Christmas party. We do this every year with many of Blake's high school friends and their wives...and a few other single friends too. I wish we had a bigger house to invite more people because I just love hosting a good celebration of sarcasm, laughter, and going home (well, I guess I'm already home) with some high class gifts... All I want for Christmas is... a dainty picture of my friend's husband ...and some pills to grow a bigger rack... sigh. Seriously Diana? You had to steal that gingerbread kit away from me didn't you! And Amy, I was REALLY looking forward to playing the Murder She Wrote board game with Blake. I can just hear Angela Landsbury's voice as the narrator. But that got stolen too. Well- we gave some hot items- the Shamwow and a giant remote control (oh you know those puppies got locked within the first round!) Some other hot items were Lotto tickets, Lo Lo's Chicken & Waffles gift card & tshirt (phrase on the back says "Eatin' good in da hood") and a QT gift card. So thank you to all that attended... The Spencer Reeds, The Dentons, The Tony Reeds, The Hamiltons, The Williams', The Nelsons, Whit, Rajiv, Jonny, Tim, and Chelsea.


Sunday...

So, the sad part is that as a family we've been sick this past week with the sore throat, cough and sniffles. But when we woke up on Sunday morning we decided not to be those selfish mo mos that go to church out of duty, then get a bunch of other people and their kids sick. NO, that is just uncool. So we made a day of staying home in our pj's and relaxing. We needed the rest. Don't judge me...it's Christmas time...time for mercy. So, to stay on "The Nice List", I'd like to donate a beautiful track to your collection.


The Velvet Teen


Out Of the Fierce Parade


I love it when a good track pops back into my life and gets me all nostalgic.


8 days and counting until Christmas!! SO MUCH TO BE DONE!

10 comments:

Cori Carpenter said...

Indi and I were just watching all of Jovie's videos! Indi kept saying, "Jobee, re-re chute!" I can't believe how big she is getting! We need to hang again soon!

kayleen said...

i'm gonna need a copy of that group shot.

kayleen said...

another thing...i realized that we have no blond friends. none. that's highly prejudice of us.

Deanna said...

White elephants are the only way to go! It's nice to get gifts that are intentionally crappy/funny and get a few giggles out of it!
And I love your sequined stockings! very cute!
And Jonny was my high school library buddy! small world!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome Christmas tradition!!

Amanda C said...

What a great week! Your little one is just getting more precious by the day.

diana said...

i'm a week late in reading this.

tell me you saw the pic of the gingerbread house that i posted on my blog to rub in your face.

Rhitzclan said...

Thanks for the Christmas card! Now that we have your address - your is on its way. =) And congrats on the birth of Jovie. We had our little girl, Kolea just seven hours after Jovie was born! (Early morning on the 29th.) So much fun!

sarah said...

i can't express my disdain for missing that da*% party. yes. i just abbreviated a swear. i'm that mad.

i'm feeling the funk in my throat this week. how obnoxious. but at least it waited until christmas day - night to come. i've got to kick it b4 az. i heard we're going clubbing.

Terry said...

Enjoyed reading your blog, I see you like Settlers of Catan, me to.