Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What was I so worried about??

So earlier this month I had my appt with the fertility dr to find out I needed surgery. Between then and now I've had a few mini melt downs, but overall I have felt good about having this surgery done. Today I had my laproscopy (polyposcopy) surgery. Basically just had a laproscope go up into the uterus and locate the polyp (much like a skin tag, but on the inside of the body) and then they snip it off. No biggie. The worst part...getting the I.V. The staff and nurses at Canyon Springs Surgery Center were fabulous- and the nurse who did the I.V. was spot on. I just wish I could get through that without the feeling of passing out. I even have them lay me back and I still get all pale and cold sweats. Rough. Pretty sure I gave Blake THE most pathetic look in my arsenal of faces!!


But I loved when I had the anesthesia...the lovely anesthesiologist called it "liquid courage"...I like that thought. I've had many surgeries in my life and have never had issues with having anesthesia (luckily) so this was just another walk in the park. I was in and out of the hospital in 2 hours so I was one happy camper. Thankfully Blake's mom watched Jovie in the morning and we were home by noon. I was a bit groggy still from the anesthesia plus lack of sleep (since it took FOREVER to fall asleep last night- what can I expect...night owl + nerves) so both Jovie and I took naps. So needed! Then at 5:30 (on the nose) my lovely neighbors brought us a FABULOUS dinner. I feel so blessed. And I'm just a teensy bit sore...that's it. I feel like this day couldn't have gone any better. 
I am already feeling like my plate is emptying...surgery- check. Stake choir performance- finished (and OH was it fabulous- if I do say so myself). Started on family Christmas shopping- check. Ward Christmas music- picked. Ward Christmas party music- still working on it...but close.  
I'll go ahead and say it...What was I so worried about?? 

1 comment:

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

You are awesome lady!
Dragging trash to the curb mere hours after surgery! You are one tough cookie! :)
Glad you are feeling better.