Monday, February 7, 2011

Outfitting the living room...

My style...hmmmmmm- that's a hard one. I guess I might say it's contemporary and a bit modern. I LOVE clean lines and open space. I'm really loving this soft and romantic, yet contemporary style I've been seeing more of lately. I've been searching for months and months for things to outfit our new house...my chosen color palette is as follows...

Gray walls
white accents
light/dark purple accents
Light brown accents

So far I know that we've got to save the money and find some fantastic things to really fit our ideal design aesthetic. I'm horrible at decorating, but I've been watching Divine Design and Candice Tells All (two shows that highlight Canadian Interior Decorator Candice Olson- whom I just adore) and I'm learning some things...

1. Arizona has weak stores.
2. I can't even SLIGHTLY shop with Jovie. She is ridiculous and a total spaz. What can you expect from a 2 year old?
3. There is NO medium ground with price for what we want. It's either WAY too expensive or WAY too cheap! Argh.
4. I should just have someone do the decorating for me since I don't really have the creative eye to put things all together.

But I will be honest...I've seen some fantastic things that are really catching my eye...

This FAB SOFA (In white)

Another FAB sofa (in charcoal)

This may be my favorite sofa yet!! (In Brussels Sky Grey)

Elton Chair (Cotton Basket Weave- Taupe or white)

Birds A-Plenty

Buzz Buzz (in white)

Sides and mirrors

Window treatments (in platinum)

Maybe even add a pet

tabletop birds

Passion in purple

Triangles never looked so good

Horses are awesome

Time's up! (in silver)

This may have to hang above the formal dining table!!

Bringing the outside (light) in...

And while I'm at it...lets take a look at some options for outdoor seating...

Loving this collection (in blue)

Now I've got to figure out how I can pay for some of this stuff. Hmm...what to sell, what to sell??? :)

5 comments:

tracyjax said...

all of this decor is reminding me of the Aria hotel in Vegas--probably the coolest decor in vegas. Have you seen it? It pretty much rules! I bet you find some pretty sweet ideas!

susan g said...

Those look like some really cool things. I love Candace Olson too. Surely you can find some couches and stuff like that at IKEA for a lot less! Do you have their catalog?

The Wizzle said...

I'm not even going to tell how you much time I just spend perusing Z Gallerie's website. We used to shop there ALL THE TIME and then, let's see, what happened? Oh yeah, 3 kids happened.

Anyway, that looks like a great start, I don't know what you're talking about you don't know how to decorate! You do look like Candice Olsen would be a perfect designer for you though. I think she's great, her rooms always look awesome, but her style is not really my style. I wouldn't turn her away though, if she showed up to help me with, say, my master bathroom...

sarah said...

i find it pretty funny that you talk about how you don't know you're style or what you like then you post a million links of things that you like that are totally your style. you crazy, mand. your house is going to be fabulous.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

You blog! YAY! I need your email so I can send you an invite to mine! My email is: a_teerlink@yahoo.com. Can I tell you that Mr. Eclipse Chandelier is something that I was eyeing like a year ago, to go above my pool table. And now, you have me thinking about it again. Arrrgh! I think it was meant to be. You have such lovely taste.