Wednesday, July 30, 2008

baby shower time...

A special shower shout out goes to Chelsea and mom for planning this shower... another special shout out to my girls for assembling the hardest looking baby shower invitation...

What a grand event it was...any of you that didn't make it...well, you missed some killer food and the most lovely of decorations...



Time spent with my sis-in-law Cori and a good friend Kristan....
Enjoying the food, folks and fun...am I thinking about an old McDonald's slogan or something?? That's disturbing...At least I don't know the whole 1980s McDonalds menu song by heart...or do I? My girls...my favorites...(Diana, Sarah, Kayleen, me, Cori, Kristan)


What would I do without them!
Oh, you know this was my first round at the food table- but it definitely was not my last...thanks to Sarah and the killer artichoke dip and thanks to Sweet Cakes for the most moist ***I HATE using this word, but it really is the best description for it*** sugar cookies in the BIZ!!!The lovely peeps that graced the shower! Thank you all for being so supportive! My family...the in-laws whom I adore... (mom, Chelsea, me, Jaime, Mimi)
Sweet Cakes confections... the devilish 7 layer brownie... and angelic frosted sugar cookie...these are dangerous....there should have been a disclaimer that you can't just eat one.
Miley loves being Superman...even on the counter ledge. You have the hardest kid, Sar...

Man I will miss this little guy...especially since now he actually likes me.



Later that night we got to have a girls night out....and of course it was a blast! We went for the most delicious pizza at Grimaldi's (love those little pepperoni's) then went to play Catan at Sarah's. I'm actually really surprised that Jaime actually liked the game- the Kimball's aren't generally ones for board games...maybe I'm rubbing off on them (at least one of them)! I had a great time laughing with the girls...a much needed medicine! Overall, what a great day!

10 comments:

onehm said...

AWESOME shower!
SO sad that I missed it...Too many commitments in one day.
YAY for that ADORABLE invite!!

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

That food looks incredible!! Congrats again, we are so excited for you guys!

Susan said...

I'm glad you had such a fun shower, Mandy. Sorry I couldn't make it - we were out of town.

The invitation was the CUTEST. I stuck it on my fridge, and several people commented about how awesome it was.

BTW: You look great, prego lady!

diana said...

first of all, i can't believe i left the house looking like that... gross.

second of all, i keep thinking about those brownies, seriously delicious.

third of all, i keep thinking about those itty bitty pepperoni's, yum.

fourth of all, i should stop thinking so much about food, then maybe i'll start looking better in pictures.

kayleen said...

those pics of m are too cute.


the food at your shower was too legit.

sarah said...

those kimballs know how to put on a party. everything was either so beautiful or so delicious.

i can't believe you used the m**** word.

how sad that i've let miles hair come to that sorry, sad, frizzed out state. something has to be done.

Alicia said...

Yeah for belly pics! You look so GREAT! What a beautiful pregnant mama! Your baby shower looked so cute and the food is making me hungry! These are some of the best parts of being pregnant! Not too much longer and baby girl will be here!

Mary Davis said...

I missed the coolest shower.....Now you have to have boy so I can attend your next party!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome.
Congratulations on the baby!!!

Blake, watch out...get ready for many sleepless nights :o)

Love you guys,

Karen Wicke

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome.
Congratulations on the baby!!!

Blake, watch out...get ready for many sleepless nights :o)

Love you guys,

Karen Wicke