Sunday, July 20, 2008

A scary realization...

Isn't it true that when you spend $ to upgrade your house, you are never truly satisfied with the way things are? Blake can be so prophetic sometimes. We've been feeling a bit of buyers remorse after we spent a shload (yes, a made up word...two words combined... you figure it out) on decorating a bathroom and then a few other nick-nacks to fill in empty space around the house. See it's nice, right?
So why do we feel the need to constantly spend money? It NEVER makes me feel better after I do it- so why do I do it? Maybe it's my constant need for change...even though I thrive on the constant...the known...the comfort of things just being familiar. I guess with this baby on the way it's good that I embrace change...cause I'm in for a real rollercoaster of a ride. We also got our dining room tiled over 4th of July weekend- and it just looks like I'd always imagined it looked if we would have bought our house in its dream state.

Either way- it's hard to imagine our house with a baby just crawling all over and all of the joys that come with having kids...it is still so surreal to me. I only have 6 more weeks until she is due and that is so crazy to me!! The time has just flown by and at the same time I feel like I've been pregnant forever! I feel totally unprepared...but I guess that is pretty much normal for me- I've done ok with everything else in my life- hopefully this will be something else to add to my list! A lot has happened this month- I will try to write more to fill in the gaps I've left out.

6 comments:

Mimi said...

The new stuff looks great! and even though it's so hard to spend money, it's just really nice to have certain things done and crossed off your list.

I want more pics of your cute belly!!! I want to see the prego Mandy!

Marci McLain said...

I love the wallpaper. Super cute! You have such great taste. The tile looks good too. Can't wait until your baby gets here!

diana said...

i wish so badly that i had seen that shower curtain first so i could've snagged it up. shoot. i love it and am jealous.

Jill said...

So very cute! We just moved in to our house and are trying to do alot of little repairs...I think it would be much easier without a needy child so it is good you are getting it all done! Good luck with this last little while..it will seem like forever but cherish your sleep while it lasts!

Alicia said...

WOW! 6 more weeks! That is so exciting!!! I think your house is looking really cute! Do you have the nursery decorated yet?

Anonymous said...

Love what you've done with the place! Although I never saw it before, but it looks great now! I'm so excited little bits is on her way. Keep us posted on her arrival! Thanks for all your words of support through my tough times, Mandy. You have always been one of my heros.