Sunday, July 27, 2008

Isaiah Elias Carpenter...


I am realizing what a bad Aunt I have become...my older brother Eli and his wife Cori had a baby boy on May 29th- Isaiah Elias Carpenter...and I have just been so into myself as of late, that I completely forget to post the pictures I had taken and even the ones while my own family was in town. I guess you could say I've been a little preoccupied.

Isaiah's birth story can be read here... and just a little disclaimer- you might be drawn to tears- what a scary lead up to birth (maybe I should have waited to read this until after I have my first baby!)

So- at the end of May Blake and I had gotten back from our cruise and from Georgia- and both of us were sicker than dogs- but Blake had been diagnosed with pneumonia- his cough was much deeper than mine- and I was healing quicker than he was. So when my brother called and said they were on the way to the hospital and that they'd probably have the baby that night (they still didn't know the gender of it- they wanted their 2nd baby to be a surprise) I was so excited but kinda sad cause I knew as sick as Blake was he wouldn't be able to see the baby when he was in the hospital.


I generally consider myself the kind of person that wants to be there for friends and family- and I knew that I should have very limited time around the newborn especially since I was still coughing a bit, and since Blake and I were around each other so much- you just NEVER want a newborn to catch these nasty sicknesses- they are so innocent and clean- it's just the crappy realization of an imperfect world.


Either way though- after Eli called the first time he called me 45 minutes later and said he was born! Now that is a quick delivery! He is just an adorable baby, and his older sister Indianna just loves him so much. She is so gentle with him- she is already making a great big sister! She was so curious at the hospital and was probably a little confused about the whole thing- but as long as she had her little Nemo fish- she was as happy as a clam! Hopefully we'll get to see their family grow more on a regular basis once I have the baby and am not working! We are just SO excited about Isaiah's arrival and can't wait for his cousin to be born so we can share in the joy of another baby!

About a week or so after Eli and Cori left the hospital my parents came out for a week from Colorado to spend with them adapt to kid #2. They stayed very busy (which they love) working on the landscaping in the backyard and getting together with us for dinner and games.



We enjoyed their visit- and even celebrated fathers day with both my side of the family and Blake's side of the family. My neice Indianna found out that if she batted her eyelashes that she could make it all around the room, getting a little bit of brownie and ice cream from each family member- she is SUCH a perfect mixture of my brother and Cori- it's too funny.

My brother Nate and his girlfriend Amy came out from L.A. to visit and see the baby and it is always a great time hanging with my bro. Plus, we love Amy and the sassy spunk she brings to the table. She seems to be a good fit for him! Meanwhile, Indianna loved playing with Grandma and Grandpa and having Grandma help her hold Isaiah. She was so sweet with him.

Indianna also was so cute to watch as she holds the dolly Grandma gave her when she was a baby. She carries it around everywhere and loves to nuzzle her nose into the front of the dolly's hair and play with the dolly's braids. It is her little piece of heaven, it seems. She also loved playing with Blake- he is so good with her! She just seems to open up to him every time we spend time with them.

1 comment:

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

What a cute baby! I love that tiny foot. They grow so fast.