Sunday, September 28, 2008

A special Sunday...

Today was a special day...it was Jovie's first day at church!! So we started the day off right with a nice, sudsy bath given by daddy...
She loves bath time...
Mommy laid out all of the fixins for the sabbath...
Jovie in her Sunday best...already starting it off right with a nap!

I'd like to say her first day at church was all peaches n' creme...but well, then I'd be lying. She started off great (since she was asleep), but by the time the sacrament got started she started fussing- so I figured if I stood up and rocked her she would just fall asleep. Well, Jovie had other plans... I walked around and cuddled her but she just wailed!! I finally flagged down Melanie to have her tell Blake to bring the diaper bag so I could make her a bottle- in hopes that the problem was that she was starving! Man, was Melanie my saving grace. I finally got Jovie a bottle made and that just did the trick! My good luck didn't stop there though. After she ate I attempted to change a wet diaper- lo and behold, Jovie had other plans and peed while I was changing her and drenched her dress. Well, luckily I keep extra onesies in her diaper bag- so we were able to stay at church in style. What actually made me crack up was when Susan brought in her daughter (just 5 days younger than Jovie) to change her diaper and she peed all over her dress too...luckily I had another spare onesie in my bag- so both of our girls just had a hay day their first Sunday!! Hopefully I will be more prepared with the bottle and interpret her "cries" better so I don't have another one of those days. Luckily she fell asleep before Relief Society started so Mary obliged by holding her. There is nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby! Honestly though- she really is the sweetest...when she's not tired and gassy!


11 comments:

Cori Carpenter said...

That sounds like every Sunday with Isaiah! Out in the halls screaming, peeing while changing him! Giirrll, that's a normal day for us! I am sure Jovie will be better though, she is such a cutie! We'll need to get together soon!

kayleen said...

kids are hacked by church.

you only have about 17 more months until the nursery takes her off your hands for ya. free babysitting?...the church is true.

susan g said...

Yeah, too funny that you were just telling me all about how Jovie peed all over her dress and lo and behold, Maren thought that was a great idea! Look! They're conspiring together already to drive their mothers crazy! Thanks again for the spare onesie. I'll have it washed and back to you soon.

--susan

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

Way to be prepared! I am impressed! Don't worry it will get easier. ;)

sarah said...

only you would be prepared w/not one, but two extra onesies. you amaze me yet again mand.

Mary Davis said...

Ya she was gassy! You forgot to tell everyone that she was farting in RS:).......next time don't forget the gas drops! "Maybe next week will be better!" Anytime you need a break, let me know. I have no problem holding babies!!!

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

That is fabulous. I saw a baby pee on the bishop once while the bishop was holding him so that mom could share her testimony. It was the story of the ward for oh, 19 years!!!

diana said...

she looks so much like her daddy in that last pic.

there will be many more sundays like that... as well as mondays, tuesdays, wednesdays....

Unknown said...

she is so beautiful! I'm sad I didn't see her Sunday. I was in the mother's lounge just a few minutes after you left with her (Susan said I just missed you). Maybe I'll see her next week. Anyway, I'm making my blog private so I wanted your email if you want check it :)

Marci McLain said...

She is ADORABLE!! That story is hilarious. You don't hear of too many girls peeing all over you. Caleb and Gavin did it to me many times. You learn to be very quick during diaper changes!

Marci McLain said...

She is ADORABLE!! That story is hilarious. You don't hear of too many girls peeing all over you. Caleb and Gavin did it to me many times. You learn to be very quick during diaper changes!