Thursday, September 18, 2008

While my family was here...

They helped out SO much!! I'm so proud to say that my family is so giving and has such an amazing work ethic and love of service! I had a wonderful time with my family while they were here for the birth of Jovie as well as the blessing in church for my brother Eli's son Isaiah.
While I was at the hospital my sister Katy and my mom scrubbed every floor, toilet and shower in the house- an amazing feat and SO appreciated!! Mom and Katy scrubbed out our grill and Dad got some of the lava rocks to put inside!! Looks like new! Dad helped us replace the broken glass in one of our kitchen cabinets- one less thing for me to do! Katy helped call around to get quotes on getting a double sink cabinet put in one of our bathrooms- always going the extra mile! Mom and Katy helped out making sure there was always food for everyone and always had the fridge stocked- quite the undertaking with 10 people in the house!

While I was in labor my mom was great to keep my dad informed of the happenings on the phone the whole hour and a half I pushed! He got to hear the whole birth from start to finish!

Thanks to Katy for holding my hand through the contractions and playing cards with me once the epidural kicked in!!
A big thanks to my cheer squad (Blake, Sis-In-Law Chelsea, Mom-In-Law Shauna, sister Katy, Mom, and Dad-In-Law Scott) through the labor and delivery!! Push, push, push!!
Sis-in-law Jaime came down with her boys to see the new arrival. They are always an entertaining crew! Love the Grant fam!
Thanks to my bro-in-law Dan for helping us document our hospital breakout! My brother Eli wanted to be the first to hold and kiss Jovie right when she got home from the hospital!
My dad painted the stripe in my laundry room (that I've been meaning to do for about a year) and hung up the letters for me! THANKS DAD!! Such a handyman! A TRUE Carpenter (get it?) For those who don't know...Carpenter is my maiden name!

Callia was always keeping us entertained- especially with the pirate teeth!
My brother Nate was quick to hold Jovie when she was asleep! And his lovely girlfriend Amy helped make some amazing food!! Callia was always quick to help plug Jovie up with her bink-a-bink.
A big thank you to Blake's parents for watching Jovie so that we could go out to BJ's Pizza with my whole family!

I never tired from hearing Camille say "Jobee is so chute...I love her little fingers and toes and her chute little nose". If I would have started a counter for that- it would have at least topped 300 times within the week they stayed with us! So funny!

Callia loved snuggling with me and baby Jovie...she was so gentle with her!

Dad is so good with the kids- so gentle! Jovie is gonna love her Papa!

Callia never ceased to amaze us with her uncanny ability to navigate through our iphones! Quite the wiz kid!



Overall- I just LOVED having my family here! I miss them all dearly and love every minute (even the crazy ones) I get to spend with them! Thanks again to everyone for making Jovie's birth so special!



4 comments:

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

Wow, I am jealous! But if anyone deserves the royal treatment it's you, so I am happy you got it!! Jovie is so beautiful!

Melissa Davis said...

You do have an amazing family. I can't believe how much its grown. Its so nice everyone was there to support you and Blake. Jovie is just a doll!

Mimi said...

Love the laundry room stripe!!!! So cute and totally up my alley! What a darling little one she is, how fun for you guys.

Amanda C said...

How fun to have everyone there! Everyone looks great.