Monday, January 14, 2008

I'm baaaaaaackk.......part 3

For Christmas '07 we ended up going to Colorado again to spend the holidays with Mandy's family. Unfortunately I had had an extremely busy December, making gifts for friends and family, and by the time we got there, both Blake and I came down with a lovely cough and the runny/stuffy nose issue. That was super fun. Really the only rough parts of the sickness were difficulty staying asleep and coughing uncontrollably due to dry throat in the middle of the night. Even with all the sickies...we managed to have a great time with the family.
Here are my parents reading stories to the neices- Camille and Callia. They LOVE Papa and Grandma. We also had a great time playing games including dominos, speed scrabble, and Cities & Knights of Catan (my new game for Christmas!)

Indianna loved to sneak into the rocker when her cousin Callia wasn't looking. Perfect place for a sweet little girl.
The girls loved playing with the little kitchen- it made noises for many of the appliances and they just loved that. Callia was always baking up something!
Here was the gorgeous sunset on Christmas Eve- truly a sight to behold.

Blake holding Indianna before a trek out into the snow. She loved the snow and cried when she had to come back into the house!
Here is my mom and I whipping up a new holiday treat I learned how to make this year! Oreo Balls are super scrumptious!!
Callie and Indi were always climbing into my lap to read books. I love reading to the little ones...can't wait till I can read to my own kiddies! I loved being read to as a kid, reading on my own as a kid, and now listening to books on CD as an adult (just kidding. I read mostly any book I have time for)
Here are the girls at their mini table- boy you'd be really suprised at how bent out of shape kids can get if you switch the colored chair they've sat in more than once. Sheesh. How was I supposed to know she'd been sitting in the red chair the whole time?
One of the highlights was watching Callia zoom down the stairs on her bum. It was cute hearing her basey laugh! She sounds EXACTLY like my sister!


I found this super cute plush nativity set for the girls this year and we had a great time having them set up the nativity as my dad read Luke. It's so fun to get the kids involved with the story!

No comments: