Friday, January 25, 2008

Your vote...

So I'm usually a pretty patient person...oh wait, that is how I wish I was, nevermind. So, this single guy that lives across the way from Blake and I has (on multiple occasions) come over and (embarrassingly) asked to borrow 1) our vacuum (since girls are coming over) and 2) our toilet plunger. Where do I even begin with this? Isn't that supposed to be an unmentionable? I mean, really... what guy would rather have a married woman imagining him fishing a gigantic pooh out of the toilet rather than just driving 2 minutes to Walmart to spend $3 on a plunger? So, where is this all leading, you ask?

Well, since he and his roommates moved in around October, I have heard this guys car alarm go off at least twice each night. How does that happen? How do you as a car owner, not understand how annoying that must be for other people? Nevermind, he is the same guy that would borrow a plunger from a married woman than buy one himself. Sheesh. What is even more funny is that if you touched the car from the outside the alarm wouldn't go off, but if no one is around it just goes off all by itself. I am really tempted to write a note and put it on the car that says "Please turn the sensitivity of your alarm down, since it obviously goes off for no reason". Or maybe it could just say "Dear Neighbor: Your car alarm goes off an awful lot. Anything you can do about that?" Please cast your vote...is that too harsh/not harsh enough?

15 comments:

sarah said...

2 options: write him a threatening note,

"dear neighbor, please have the sensitivity of your alarm checked out and adjusted. if it doesn't get taken care of, your "girls" will be informed of your poo issues.

much love, your neighbor"

or the next time he comes over to borrow something inappropriate, give him a "what's the deal with your car man?"

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

I vote for sar's #2(ha ha). Although, I am kinda mean and would say, "Dude, that's kinda gross that you want to borrow our plunger, can't you get your own?" Same goes for the vaccuum, isn't there a DI he could go to if he's too cheap for Wally World?

Good Luck!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Is your idea too harsh? Well, let me answer by saying that if you don't write the note, I will. Seriously, how many freakin' times do I have to wake up to that each night?! Oh, and next time I'm grocery shopping, I've got you covered. I am going to buy them a plunger and just leave it on the doorstep. This way, when they ask YOU if you put it there, you don't have to lie or be embarrassed about it. Someone else bought it and placed it there. And it was the same person who tranquilized the neighbors' barky puppy, and put the note on your car.

diana said...

borrowing your plunger is like borrowing a toothbrush. gross. tell me you told him to just keep it after he used it to unclog his toilet.

oh and my vote is to write the note. you can even type it to disguise your handwriting.

jaime said...

leave the note.

just make sure it's on nice stationary. a classy presentation makes all the difference.

{Quellie} said...

Hi Mandy...It's Kellie Elzinga! I ran across your blog and LOVE it! Hope you don't mind I took a peek! I would love to add you to our friend & fam list if you're ok with that, so I can look in the future! Let me know if that's a problem! Love ya - Kell

kayleen said...

if it were me, i'd bust his windshield with a baseball bat...and then leave a polite note letting him know that his car alarm issues have been taken care of, then sign it from the asian mafia living across your place. (you'd start an all-out war. how fun would that be?!)

and i'm with jaime...you gotta make sure the presentation is just right.

MaMaMaMandy said...

Man- I have so many creative friends! Thank you for your many suggestions. I think I will go with the cryptic note using cutout words from magazines in an envelope. That would be very classy.

PS- Alisse, if he did ask me if I bought the plunger I wouldn't be able to keep the secret!! But hey- at least he wouldn't be personally pooing in my house.

Alicia said...

I think you should write the note! Are you planning on signing your name? If not, make it harsher. :)

Weird neighbor, my friend, weird neighbor... The weirdest neighbor we have had were the pot smokers next door that were actually the nicest ones as well. Probably because they were so chill.

Susan said...

Forget a note, my vote would be to use this: http://hornblasters.com/

I got one for my brother - let me know if you want him to drive by - a plunger is not what he will need after this gets him :)

Alisse Baldwin said...

He asked to borrowed our vaccuum yesterday. And Scott said yes! Maybe you're off the hook now... but wait, that means we're next!

kayleen said...

mandy...

first of all, you left the scarf i so lovingly made for you at my house. what are you trying to tell me?

and secondly, are you going to be attending book club tomorrow night?

kayleen said...

you left the scarf i so lovingly made for you at my house, again. seriously, what are you trying to say?

Chandler and Angie said...

Ya, you definitely need to leave a note.

Alisse Baldwin said...

You were doing so good with updating- I need more!