Friday, February 15, 2013

Best. Valentine's. Ever.

So, I on occasion am a descent gift giver. It is definitely not my strength- because I, for one am happy 99% of the time with gift cards. That being said, I thought giving Blake Lower levels tickets to the Suns/Celtics would be a fun gift (and date for us to go on!)

But he trumped me. I guess he HAS been listening. It arrived on the front porch yesterday and I was just dumb founded!!! I couldn't believe he bought me a CELLO!! I've been wanting to play since elementary school! I played the violin in 5th & 6th grade, but couldn't play cello since it was too far to walk to/from school with that big, heavy instrument!

I've always enjoyed the beautiful, calm sound of the cello, and it was made clear to me a few years ago when hearing Rob Gardner's version of The Lamb of God where the Savior's voice is portrayed by the cello. So beautifully done. Maybe one day I will be able to play some of the songs from it!

For now, I'm grateful for a sweet, thoughtful husband. Hopefully I will learn to play. I am just so giddy, it hurts!


2 comments:

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

I am eagerly awaiting the first concert! :)
Good job Blake!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Me too! If you play in sac meet. I need to be there!