Monday, February 25, 2013

Butt shots- Day 2 and good news!

Man, now my butt is equally sore, on both sides!! Thank goodness for ice packs, numbing cream, and heating pads all night. I'm sure when I wake up tomorrow it will feel like I've done lunges across the country. Except, I haven't done anything except for light walking...Dr's orders. I have a hard time being told NOT to work out especially since I've done more exercise in the last 9 months than the last 9 years!!! And I'm gaining back a few lbs that I worked SO HARD to lose. Oh well- pregnancy is worth it!!

Blake has proven to be quite the phlebotomist!! I'm lucky to have a tough husband, not a weak person like me who passes out getting an IV put in or who panics when people bleed or barf. I definitely married up!!

Today we got great news. Out of the 21 eggs retrieved yesterday- 10 have fertilized and 3 are partially fertilized! I am so grateful for this experience. I know that whatever happens, I know that it is what we were supposed to do. I've learned so much about myself and what I'm capable of...and mostly that I'm much stronger than what I give myself credit for.

Now, I just have to get through 12 more days of progesterone butt shots and the worst (hopefully) will be behind me!! (Get it??? ... behind...)

****Oh, and the embryologist called and said that 1 more egg did well, and is able to be frozen!!! That is fantastic news for today! The possibility of one more baby is a beautiful, humbling thought!!****

And also, a great big Happy Birthday to my brother Eli- who turns 39 today!!! We had a great day playing his favorite game (and becoming my fave too) Dominion, Jovie got to play with her beloved cousins (Indi, Isaiah, Jazlyn and Jaycee) and we celebrated with pizza, wings and caramel brownies!
Jaycee smiled and cooed at me and that was so great! What an awesome day!

No comments: