Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Disneyland day 2- Friday...

Friday I wasn't obsessed with getting to the park right when it opened since I knew lines would be much longer since it was a Friday...so we got there at about 1pm...and ate at TB BEFORE we got there so we didn't go broke from Disneyland prices.
My new hat...don't worry- I won't be wearing it out in public (or probably even the privacy of my own bedroom), but I really liked the blinky lights on the ears...And the fact that they embroidered my name on it for **FREE** (a real treat at Disneyland since everything else costs an arm/leg/first born)...Why didn't someone tell me my part was so crooked?? ...and that adults shouldn't wear pigtails.
My hat and the poster matched so I had to be lame and document that.
When Blake acts like a "goof" he really creates my favorite photos. This is what you call a hard guy that doesn't act like he's the hardest...or the most indie.
Typical Disney pic...I've still never ridden the train in the background...to save my little feetsies!
Jells and Jaxman sporting Pluto and Goofy.



Took a ride on Storybook Land...never been on that before...it was the perfect interim for "my feet hurt so effin bad I need to sit for a good 10 minutes"! Plus we got there right when the afternoon parade ended (while they had it shut down) so we got right on when it reopened!
It was like pulling teeth getting Blake into this sleigh. Wish I woulda taken the ears off. I could photoshop it right?
This is Blake's attempt to make fun of me for taking so many pictures...ha, I showed him. See that hand pose...trying to be SO condescending!
Went on the canoe ride...actually paddled...it wasn't really a ride- we did all the work. Now my arms, feet AND butt hurt. Is Disneyland supposed to be this painful? Oh wait, I forgot...it is supposed to help you burn off the Churro and orange Fanta you just had...and that ice cream cone you ate 2 hours ago.
Blake getting physical. He really did want to punch me in the face for making him take so many pics and go on lame rides of my choice.
The Haunted Mansion was all decked out as the "Nightmare Before Christmas". Still haven't seen that movie (this Christmas I will for sure), but the decor looked awesome!
You can also see how soaked Blake got when we went on Splash Mountain...He thought he'd keep from getting wet by standing up after going down that big hill...you can see his theory to stay dry failed...lucky for me I was sitting right behind him and stayed pretty dry.
Blake was freezing by about 6 pm so I made him buy a California Adventure sweatshirt. He was so mad at me for making him buy it. He is such a shirt nazi since he can get most items wholesale through work...dropping 45 bones really hacked him. But he looked cute and I can wear it when he decides he's too indie or too hard for it. Blake had had enough of Disneyland so left with Jaime and the boys at 7pm.
Chels and I decided to stay late into the evening to ride some other rides we liked or hadn't gotten to go on...so first we hit up Big Thunder Mountain Railroad...crazy enough my camera fell out of my pocket sometime on the ride- I didn't realize until a few minutes after we got off the ride that it fell out so we went back to where you exit the ride to see if it had gotten turned in. The worker said we'd wait until the train came back in...crazy enough when the train pulled in Chelsea saw a guy hold up my camera and was about to put it in his bag (what a chump) when I exclaimed "THANK YOU FOR FINDING MY CAMERA!!" I think I caught him off guard when I grabbed the camera out of his hands. I want to give this guy the benefit of the doubt that he was just going to go turn it in to Lost & Found like a saint...but I really think he was thinking how awesome a new digital camera was sounding. Whatever...glad I got my camera back. I got kinda paranoid so left it in my bag the rest of the night!
We then headed back to California Adventure to fast pass California Screamin' and go over to see the rest of the park we'd never explored before. We had some time to chew so we rode the Maliboomer and Mulholland Madness. Not for the light hearted...they took our breath away... you know how you get when you're so scared you can't even scream...you kinda let out this breathy sort of laugh? My throat was killing by the end of the night... but I love the thrill. Of course we had to get in one more ride on the Tower of Terror... you know you are getting chucked when your necklace that gently rests in between your boosoms hits you in the forehead when the "elevator" drops. SHEESH.
We wanted to catch two of our favorite rides before we left for the night so went back over to Disneyland and rode the Matterhorn Bobsleds (my favorite). That abominable snowman scares me EVERY time! It was cool because the fireworks display was going as we were on the ride so we caught some glimpses of some great fireworks!
We saved the best ride for last... Space Mountain (Chels and my other favorite). We also figured out they stopped doing Fast Passes so we had to wait a whole 40 minutes...even with sore knees, legs and feet...it was totally worth the wait. I love the rush! Man, I love Disneyland!!

4 comments:

kayleen said...

"...and that adults shouldn't wear pigtails." i've already told you.

you and blake posing for these pictures are mine and spencer's funniest thing. blake looks legit.

Cire said...

glad you had fun - you'll have to come watch Nightmare B4 Christmas with TJ - it is his favorite movie! we'll see you Sunday . . .

diana said...

the hat, blake making fun of your excessive picture taking, and getting mad at you for dragging him on all the "lame" rides... so funny! you gotta check that train the next time you're there. the fake dinosaurs are quite a treat.

Natalie Hall said...

So jelous!!! everyone in the blog world has gone to Disneyland except the Hall family.