Ok...so I know this post may disappoint some- but really, it's all about what I think, so here goes...Blake and I saw Pan's Labyrinth (yes it was rated "R"ighteous) over the weekend and let me just say a few words...
1) Way too much gore- pretty unnecessary actually
2) Did they really say the eff word in 1945 in Spain?
3) I've already had nightmares about the guy with the hand eyes (yeah I know, I'm still a little kid)
4) Thank goodness we got it on netflix cuz I had to fastforward it about 4 times due to graphic violence and the chase scenes (I get REALLY queasy with gore, and being chased in a narrow hallway is my WORST nightmare!)
5) What was the final outcome? I don't want to spoil the ending but I don't get it! It just seemed strangely put together.
I'll give it creative and I didn't even mind it having Spanish subtitles. I especially loved the little girl- as an actress she was phenomenal... I just feel like something was missing- like they didn't finish the story or give more details on the idea of the Labyrinth. Did someone catch something I missed? Maybe I missed it in my tiny fast forwarding bouts or when I was closing my eyes...and ears!