Tuesday, November 13, 2007

New Laptop...

So for my bday present Blake was kind enough to let me get a new laptop since my other one died...I love my new one...new keys...shiny screen...no baggage- it's all for me.

Yes...it's a Toshiba and it's lovely. It's got all the bells and whistles...but some neat things include: Label Flash, 200 GB hard drive, DVD SuperMulti optical drive AMD Turion 64x2 Dual-Core Processor, etc. I know... they aren't as cool as iEverything for Macs, but I had a long think and decided having a Mac wasn't worth my sanity this year...it's already been hard enough as it is. Many of you would say "but Macs are the simplest and easiest things to use on the planet!" however I beg to differ... I (somehow) find ways to break Macs or click something I shouldn't be clicking...then BAM....it doesn't work=hours on the phone with tech support or sitting at the Apple store at the genius bar for WAY too long. This is the beginning of a lovely relationship.

5 comments:

kayleen said...

ooooh. a computer with no baggage yet. is there anything better?

i'll totally on top of you while you're posting these. (wait. that didn't sound right. whatever...you know what i mean.) go ahead. post another one. i'll be waiting...

Cori Carpenter said...

Nice!! What an awesome birthday gift! Good job Blake! So I have a Birthday card for you, but since we hardly see you guys, I might have to send it, (I know that's way lame)! Well, we all wish a very Happy Birthday and hope you have a great day!

kayleen said...

happy b-day!

diana said...

happy birthday!!!

what a rad b-day present. i'm totally jealous. and i'm proud of you for going against the norm and finding a computer that will work for you.

Alicia said...

Hey Mandy! I kept seeing your birthday coming up on Myspace and then of course it passes before I get a chance to say happy birthday! I hope you had a great one! We are looking to get a lap top... would you recommend this over a Del? What are the standards we need to look for, etc? We are completely clueless when it comes to all of this stuff and you and Blake seem to know what you are talking about so any advice would be great! You can email me or post on myspace or on my blog or text or call... the options are endless! :) How is the Chlomid treating you?