Friday, November 16, 2007

The happiest place on earth...


All clad in Christmas stuff! Beautiful!

So...the good thing is that I still love being a kid, even though I am now 29. So here's the rundown on Disneyland yesterday... first we hit up California Adventure...

First we rode Soarin' over California (man, this ride is legit) The smells...the air. WOW! Then we actually got Blake to ride the Tower of Terror (even through his fear of elevators)...ran into Sully on the way over...then went to California Screamin' roller coaster- loved it. It was pretty hot out and Blake begged to go on Grizzly Rapids- Chelsea, Nate and I were smart and decided to skip that ride while Blake and Pops went...they got soaked. Glad we skipped it. I hate being wet in jeans.


Hopping over to Disneyland was a blast. We hit up the Mad Hatter's hat shop- posed for some pics..


Then joined Jax, Jaime, Parker and the parents in Toon Town to run around the little "big" things...




Mickey's garden was quite impressive...




then we split off from the kiddos and Nate (my bro), Chelsea, Blake and I rode the Matterhorn- love that Abominable Snowman (scares me every time)! We also hit up Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters (Nate smoked us all in points), we could even email pics of ourselves after the ride for free!then went on the improved Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones, Jungle Tours, Big Thunder Railroad, then hit up Space Mountain one more time before leaving!


They just happened to be taping a live session of Dancing With The Stars at Disneyland- but I haven't really been watching it- and didn't want to try to beat the crowds, so we lost interest pretty fast. The greatest part about going to Disneyland on a Thursday in the winter is the fact that the longest we had to wait to get on a ride was about 15 minutes. It was great! I highly recommend going in the middle of the week when there aren't any holidays- it made the experience so much better. And also, my feet really hurt last night, but are feeling pretty good today- we will be dealing with bigger crowds today- but at least we got in all the big rides we really wanted to go on yesterday!

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Yeah for Disneyland! We are hoping to go when we go to California for New Years, but we will have to see how the baby is doing at that point. I am having withdrawls looking at your pictures! I LOVE IT! Indiana Jones is my favorite I think. Say "HI!" to Nate for us, it has been FOREVER since we last saw him.

courtney said...

those pictures from buzz lightyear are so sweet--everytime they show me squinting and aiming like my life depended on it, yet i always get the lowest score. what's the secret??!!

MaMaMaMandy said...

I don't know what the secret is...maybe it's my sheer competitiveness that takes over. I'm ruthless.

kayleen said...

sully's a hard guy to hang with, right?

jaime said...

disneyland was hard.

and tag you're it.

diana said...

i'm totally bugged... my computer wouldn't let me view your blog for the past few days, so i'm totally behind!!

how fun is disneyland?! it's been a while since we've gone. i should've snatched up your invite before you figured out what was going on! hahaha!