Friday, November 30, 2007

I love little things...

When I was first introduced to the Kimball family back in 2002- I was able to see a spectacle that is rare...a full on miniature Christmas Snow Village- I'm not just talking a few little houses...I'm talking about 30+ houses including people, cars, trees, lights...a kids absolute dream to look at (which of course includes me too).
I absolutely LOVE little things so my mom-in-law has started a tradition to give me a new Snow Village piece every Christmas. I bought a few extras for Christmas the first year, so now I've got 11 big pieces.
Introducing: Long Haul Truck Stop
Jonathan's Bear Carving Studio
Gus's Drive In (ironically that was my grandpa's name and my 1st piece!)
The Frozen Swirl- everybody loves a good cone!
The Dr. of Snow Village

Habitat for Humanity- yes, even a service project made it to my village!
A lovely victorian home...love the brick, stained glass and Santa's sleigh!
Even the Snow Village needs a pet store...they don't have a Humane Society quite yet!
Even the WT get involved in decorating! Love it!
The camping, hiking and fishing crew! Love those pop-up campers!
Timberlake Outfitters- for all of your canoeing pleasures!
My newest piece- Mighty Fine BBQ Pit. Man I love BBQ!

Here's the big picture...I am going to start needing more tables!
Hope you enjoyed the tour around Snow Village...come back again now, ya hear? (That was in my southern accent...not sure why, because Snow Village really more reminds me of Colorado or Utah...but I guess it could be Texas or something too right?!!)






10 comments:

Alicia said...

So cute! Isn't it such an exciting time of year! I love traditions like this!

Susan said...

I collect Original Snow Village pieces, too, although I've only got about 6 pieces. You've got some really fun ones!

kayleen said...

is it rude of me to find collecting these a bit disturbing? if so, my apologies.

onehm said...

ADORABLE! Love these!!

sarah said...

love the pop-up camper.

diana said...

of course a service organization would make it into your village!

ava is not allowed anywhere near that table... ever.

Cicily said...

Can I come play with the tiny stuff. So cute! I'm so glad you have a Gus diner. I think my child is destined to be a truck driver.

Mimi said...

Love it! My mom started me a collection about 8 years ago so I too have a lot of fun house. I need to set them up but get a little lazy some years. It's so fun to collect these though, did you see my post around halloween of my mom's friends house? She goes crazy!

MaMaMaMandy said...

Cicily- of course you can come play with them.

Cami- I did read your post about the Halloween village- it was so awesome! Totally reminds me of Beetlejuice!

Alicia said...

Scott and I really enjoyed your tour of Snow Village! Thanks for sharing!